The Registrar’s Office is currently offering its services remotely.
How to reach us
The best way to reach us is by email. Please review our Contact Us page to learn how to communicate with specific teams.
During this period, please note that the following services may be affected:
ADVANCED STANDING EXAMS
- The Academic Policy and Regulations Team (APART) has determined that ASEs taken prior to the start of the spring semester should be graded P/NR, and the units associated with those passed should not count toward the spring credit limit. View the Advanced Standing Exams page for more information.
- Apostille certification requests are delayed. Please allow extra time for processing and email email@example.com with questions.
- Enrollment certifications produced through our office will also be delayed, but you can request an enrollment certification from the National Student Clearinghouse.
- We can provide attendance and degree certifications by email. In order to authenticate your request, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org using your @mit.edu email address. Alternately, include a scan of your signed request.
Classroom Access and AV Support
- If an instructor encounters a locked classroom door, please contact Facilities’ Customer Service Center at 617-253-4948 and select option 2 to speak to a staff member.
- For assistance with classroom technology, please contact Audiovisual Services at 617-253-2808 or email email@example.com.
- MIT’s process to produce and package paper diplomas will be significantly delayed until it is safe to return to campus full-time.
- Most diplomas for students who graduated in September 2020 have now been mailed. If you have not received yours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- February 2021 graduates — diplomas will be mailed beginning on March 1.
- Other alumni — replacement diplomas will be issued on a periodic basis. Please allow extra time for processing.
DOUBLE MAJOR APPLICATIONS
- Name changes can be completed remotely.
- You can change both your preferred name and legal name. Visit our name changes page for more information.
- Scans or images of paper petitions will be accepted.
- To submit a transfer credit request, please have the following sent to email@example.com:
- Requests for paper transcripts are delayed. Instead, please consider ordering an electronic transcript.