The Registrar’s Office is currently offering its services remotely.
How to reach us
The best way to reach us is by email. Please review our Contact Us page to learn how to communicate with specific teams.
During this period, please note that the following services may be affected:
ADVANCED STANDING EXAMS
- All ASEs scheduled during May final exams have been canceled. View the Advanced Standing Exams page for more information.
- We are unable to process Apostille certification requests at this time. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Enrollment certifications produced through our office will also be delayed, but you can request an enrollment certification from the National Student Clearinghouse.
- We can provide attendance and degree certifications by email. In order to authenticate your request, please write to email@example.com using your @mit.edu email address. Alternately, include a scan of your signed request.
- MIT’s process to produce and package paper diplomas will be significantly delayed until it is safe to return to campus full-time.
DOUBLE MAJOR APPLICATIONS
- Name changes can be completed remotely.
- Send a completed Change of Legal Name Form, along with a digital copy of legal documentation of your old and new names, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scans or images of paper petitions will be accepted.
- To submit a transfer credit request, please have the following sent to email@example.com:
- We are unable to provide paper transcripts at this time. Instead, please request an electronic transcript.