What you need to know
Proposals for new CI subjects are reviewed in two rounds — first by the Subcommittee on the Communication Requirement (SOCR) and then by the Committee on Curricula (CoC), who grants final approval. New CI-M subjects that carry a HASS attribute are also reviewed by the Subcommittee on the HASS Requirement (SHR).
Some key points to remember:
- Typically, proposals are reviewed in the year before a subject is offered. Contact us if yours falls outside of this timeframe.
- Resources are available to support faculty members teaching CI‑M subjects. Requests should be submitted by your department to the Office of the Communication Requirement.
What you need to do
- Download and review our CI‑M subject criteria before beginning your proposal.
- In our Subject Proposal Management application, select the Communication Requirement category for your subject, upload a syllabus, and complete the required CI‑M fields.
- The deadline for submitting subject proposals is set by the CoC. It is typically the first or second Friday in December.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.