What you need to know
Your registration can be placed on hold for a variety of reasons, ranging from not completing required immigration orientation with the International Students Office to failing to submit a medical history to having an unpaid balance on your student account.
Some key points to remember:
- You cannot submit your registration until the appropriate office removes the hold.
- You and your advisor can make changes to subject selections and your advisor can approve the registration while the hold is active.
- You are strongly encouraged to reconcile any holds prior to Add Date.
What you need to do
- Check the messages section of your registration to see which office has placed the hold. Your advisor can see that a hold is present, but cannot see the source.
- Contact or visit the office that has placed a hold on your registration and submit the necessary forms and/or payments.
- When the hold is removed, submit your registration.
- If your hold is cleared after Add Date, you will need to petition the Committee on Academic Performance (CAP) or the Office of Graduate Education (OGE) to be allowed to register.
Contact the relevant office to clear your hold.
- Dean's hold: Student Support Services, Room 5-104
- Financial hold: Student Financial Services, Room 11-120
- Fraternities, Sororities & Independent Living Groups hold: FSILG, Room W59-200
- Graduate Education Office hold: Office of Graduate Education, Room 3-138
- Immigration hold: International Students Office, Room E18-219
- Medical hold: Health Screening Office, Room E23-177
- Student Conduct hold: Office of Student Conduct, Room W20-507
- Required Training hold: Training Module Team, Room W31-223