What you need to know
By requesting access to an MIT classroom, you agree to abide by the following rules. Failure to comply may jeopardize your ability to reserve space in the future.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in MIT classroom space.
- MIT classrooms may not be used for religious ceremonies, dramatic performances, or anything that requires the use of platforms, scenery, and/or stage and additional lighting.
- You may not hold public showings of movies and other copyrighted material without the proper permission from the copyright holder. See MIT's copyright policy for more information.
- You are responsible for all logistical arrangements including Audio Visual, Facilities, and other services.
- You must adhere to our equipment policies and clean up after your event.
What you need to do
Arriving for your event
- Bring a copy of your reservation confirmation or access it at Classrooms@MIT under “My Requests.”
- If the classroom is locked
- during normal business hours — Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM — call (617) 253-4788 or email email@example.com.
- after 5 PM or on weekends or holidays — contact the Department of Facilities at (617) 253-1500.
When your event is over
- Return the furnishings to the original setup. Chairs should be arranged in rows, facing the front chalkboard.
- Return any borrowed chairs or other furniture to their original location(s).
- Erase the chalkboards.
- Remove your trash.
- Leave the classroom unlocked.
- We reserve the right to charge a fee for cleanup after an event.