What you need to know
Wellesley students can take classes at MIT during the fall and spring semesters. In addition to the typical MIT subject offerings, the following programs are also open to Wellesley students: the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP); courses at Sloan School of Management through the Sloan Bidding process; and physical education classes through the Department of Athletics, Physical Education & Wellness (PE&W), and Recreation (DAPER).
Some key points to remember:
- Wellesley students must be added to Covid Pass to attend classes on MIT’s campus.
- Each school has its own rules and deadlines. You must meet the earlier of the two cross-registration and Add/Drop deadlines — MIT’s or Wellesley’s.
- We do not recommend cross-registering for an MIT class in your graduating term if your graduation depends on that class. MIT’s term finishes later than Wellesley’s and grades for MIT classes may not be available before degree decisions are made.
- Subjects at MIT are letter-graded (A/B/C/D/F) or pass-fail (Pass/D/F). Consult with the Wellesley Registrar’s Office if you want to have a letter grade converted to Wellesley's credit/non-credit system.
- MIT uses plus and minus grade modifiers for internal purposes only. They are not reported to the Wellesley Registrar’s Office.
- More information for Wellesley students completing a UROP can be found here.
What you need to do
- Review dates and deadlines on the MIT Academic Calendar and the Wellesley Academic Calendar. Remember, you must meet the earlier of the two deadlines for cross-registration and any subsequent add or drop.
- Find class descriptions, meeting times, and locations for MIT subjects in the Subject Listing & Schedule.
- Complete the Wellesley cross-registration form and have your MIT instructor sign it when your class meets for the first time.
- Submit your forms:
- After your forms are submitted, you will receive an email confirmation from MIT.
- Sign up for an MIT Kerberos account and install MIT certificates on your browser.
- Visit covidapps.mit.edu and follow the on-screen instructions to upload your proof of vaccination and gain access to Covid Pass.
- Email email@example.com with questions or technical issues.
- Once you have access to campus, go to MIT Card Services in Room E17-106 to obtain an ID card. You will need this card to enter MIT buildings.
- Add your emergency contact information to your personal record in WebSIS.
- Dropping an MIT subject is a two-step process: