What you need to know
Wellesley students can take classes at MIT during the fall and spring semesters. In addition to the typical MIT subject offerings, the following programs are also open to Wellesley students: the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP); courses at Sloan School of Management through the Sloan Bidding process; and physical education classes through the Department of Athletics, Physical Education & Wellness (PE&W), and Recreation (DAPER).
All cross-registered students must be added to Covid Pass by providing proof of their Covid-19 vaccination, Covid-19 booster, and flu shot, and take part in MIT’s attestation and testing protocols. Those who fail to comply will not be able to access campus, will not be able to attend classes, and will have their cross-registration cancelled.
Some key points to remember:
- If you were in Covid Pass this fall, you will need to complete the updated requirements in order to attend classes on campus during the spring term.
- Each school has its own rules and deadlines. You must meet the earlier of the two cross-registration and Add/Drop deadlines — MIT’s or Wellesley’s.
- We do not recommend cross-registering for an MIT class in your graduating term if your graduation depends on that class. MIT’s term finishes later than Wellesley’s and grades for MIT classes may not be available before degree decisions are made.
- Subjects at MIT are letter-graded (A/B/C/D/F) or pass-fail (Pass/D/F). Consult with the Wellesley Registrar’s Office if you want to have a letter grade converted to Wellesley's credit/non-credit system.
- MIT uses plus and minus grade modifiers for internal purposes only. They are not reported to the Wellesley Registrar’s Office.
- More information for Wellesley students completing a UROP can be found here.
- Review dates and deadlines on the MIT Academic Calendar and the Wellesley Academic Calendar. Remember, you must meet the earlier of the two deadlines for cross-registration and any subsequent add or drop.
- Find class descriptions, meeting times, and locations for MIT subjects in the Subject Listing & Schedule.
- Complete the Wellesley cross-registration form and have your MIT instructor sign it when your class meets for the first time.
- Submit your forms:
- After your forms are submitted, you will receive an email confirmation from MIT.
- Sign up for an MIT Kerberos account and install MIT certificates on your browser.
- Get added to Covid Pass by visiting covidapps.mit.edu, downloading the Covid Pass app, and following the on-screen instructions to upload your proof of Covid-19 vaccination and booster shot, and flu shot.
- Once you have access to campus, go to MIT Card Services in Room E17-106 to obtain an ID card. You will need this card to enter MIT buildings.
- Ongoing access will be dependent on following the attestation and testing protocols in the Covid Pass app. Note that testing from your home institution does not exempt you from testing at MIT.
- Email email@example.com with questions or technical issues.
- Add your emergency contact information to your personal record in WebSIS.
- Dropping an MIT subject is a two-step process: