What you need to know
Final grades cannot be changed except to correct errors or to fulfill specific provisions under O, OX, and I grading policies.
Some key points to remember:
- A grade can never be changed as the result of additional work after the final grade is submitted.
- When you leave MIT, either after your degree is awarded or for other reasons, there is a three-month period during which certain changes can be made to your record. After that, your record is sealed.
What you need to do
- Contact your instructor if you wish to dispute a grade. If he or she does not support your request, you may appeal to the department head and then to the dean of the School.
- To change a grade, your instructor must submit our online form, approved by the department head.
- All changes will be visible in WebSIS.