What you need to know
Adding yourself to a waitlist lets instructors know that you are interested in joining their limited-enrollment class, space permitting. Waitlists become available when registration opens and are viewable through the last day of classes. Instructors can begin offering enrollment from waitlists on the first day of the term. While offers can be made through Add Date, most occur during the first two weeks.
Some key points to remember:
- Limited-enrollment subjects exist across the Institute and are indicated as such in the Subject Listing & Schedule.
- All CI-H/HW subjects are limited-enrollment by default.
- An instructor may move you to a waitlist after you pre-register for his or her non-CI-H/HW subject. You and your advisor will get an email when this occurs.
- You can add yourself to any waitlist, regardless of how many students are already on it.
- Go to WebSIS and click on Waitlists to add yourself to a subject’s waitlist.
- You will receive an email if you are offered enrollment.
- You must accept the offer within 24 hours by submitting an Add Form, or the offer may be rescinded.
- Your advisor must approve the Add Form for the subject to be added to your registration.
- After your advisor and/or instructor has approved your request, return to the Add/Drop application to submit the change(s).
- If you are no longer interested in a subject, remove yourself from the waitlist to allow other students a chance to enroll.
- If you are registered for a limited-enrollment subject but not attending, please drop it immediately so that another student can be offered the spot.