What you need to know
All final exams must be scheduled through the Schedules Office. Prior to each term, we verify needs with department administrators and faculty in each department, including how long the final exam will be and preferred location. Faculty should keep in mind that many exams are held in athletic facilities to accommodate large numbers of students.
Department coordinators submit requests through our Final Exam Planning application. Using an algorithm, we optimize the final exam schedule to minimize direct conflicts for students, to reduce the need for students to take more than one exam per day, and to be as equitable as possible for Faculty.
Key dates & deadlines
|Friday, January 25||Deadline for submitting spring final exam requests|
|Monday, February 11||Fall final exam requests open|
|Friday, May 10||Last test date|
|Thursday, May 16||Last day of classes|
|Monday, May 20 through Friday, May 24||Final exam week|
What you need to do
- Share the Registrar’s letter regarding final exams with your faculty.
- Collect the necessary final exam information for each of your subjects.
- Go to Final Exam Planning and select the semester and your department from the two dropdown menus. Your subject list will display below.
- Select each subject and indicate whether or not a final exam will be offered.
- For subjects with a final exam, note the length, desired location, preference for a conflict exam, and click “Submit.”
- A notification of successful submission will display at the top of your screen. You will not receive an email confirmation.
- To make a change to a final exam submission, simply submit a new request prior to the deadline.