What you need to know
You are responsible for maintaining a current term and home address on WebSIS. Your term address is where you live during the academic year. Your home address is your permanent address, generally where your family lives, and is what you provided on your application to MIT.
International students are also required to submit up-to-date addresses to the United States Government via the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) on WebSIS. You are required to report address changes within 10 days of a move. PO boxes are not allowed.
What you need to do
- Log in to WebSIS to review and update your term and home address information.
- International students — you must also update your SEVIS address. Changes are automatically reported to the U.S Government.
- You may choose whether or not to include a cell phone as your primary phone number.
- If you live in an MIT residence or dormitory, the Housing Office will maintain your term address until you are no longer being billed.
- If you live off-campus, you must enter your own term address and update it when it changes.
- For those in graduate and family housing, only the billed student’s address is maintained in WebSIS. If more than one family member is a student, the other must manually update his or her information.