What you need to know
All subjects are reviewed and approved by the following faculty committees, as appropriate: the Committee on Curricula (CoC), the Committee on Graduate Programs (CGP), the Subcommittee on the HASS Requirement (SHR), and/or the Subcommittee on the Communication Requirement (SOCR). Proposals for new subjects or changes to existing subjects are submitted electronically to the Registrar's Office by each department or program's catalog coordinator using our Subject Proposal Management application.
Some key points to remember:
- For subjects offered during the fall term, proposals are evaluated between mid-October and mid-March of the preceding academic year.
- For subjects offered only during the spring, summer, or IAP terms, proposals are evaluated through mid-September of the preceding term.
What you need to do
- Read about catalog standards for your subject listings.
- Review additional instructions and procedures for HASS and Communication Requirement subjects, special subjects, and subjects involving digital content.
- Submit proposals for new or revised subjects using Subject Proposal Management.
- Contact us with questions about the review process.