What you need to know
Pre-registration is an opportunity for you to plan your class schedule for the upcoming term and prepare to meet with your advisor. You will pre-register in May for the summer session and fall term, and in December for IAP and the spring term. Continuing students are required to pre-register, even if for thesis or research only.
Some key points to remember:
- Although the subjects you select during pre-registration will populate your initial registration, they are nonbinding. You must confirm your selections during registration.
- Sloan Course Bidding (Course 15) is open to non-Sloan students during fall and spring pre-registration.
What you need to know about CI-H/HW:
- Students interested in pre-registering for fall subjects designated as Communication Intensive in the Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (CI-H/HW) will use the CI-H/HW selection tool, accessed through pre-registration.
- During pre-registration, you may request prioritized scheduling for up to two CI-H/HW subjects. You may select alternatives for each subject.
- If you do not select CI-H/HW subjects before the first pre-registration deadline, you will forfeit the opportunity to do so and move directly to the waitlist for all subjects.
What you need to do
- Find subject offerings for the fall and spring terms in the online Subject Listing & Schedule. The advanced search feature can help you find subjects that fit your interests or schedule.
- Read about summer offerings in the Summer Session Catalog.
- Enter your subjects through the subject selection process or auto-submit your selections directly to pre-registration from the Subject Listing.
- Remember to request your CI-H/HW choices by the pre-registration deadline.
- Submit your pre-registration. Go to the pre-registration summary page to review your
Pre-register in WebSIS.
- Schedules, based on pre-registration, will be generated for all students prior to the first day of classes and will be available on WebSIS.
- Don’t forget to complete the registration process to finalize your selections.
Key dates & deadlines
|Pre-registration opens||Wednesday, May 1||9 AM|
|Pre-registration deadline ($50 late fee)||Monday, June 17||5 PM|
|Sloan course bidding||View Sloan Course Bidding|
|CI-H/HW deadline||Monday, June 17||5 PM|
|Pre-registration deadline ($85 late fee)||Thursday, August 22||5 PM|
|Registration opens||Monday, August 26||9 AM|
|Student schedules generated||Friday, August 30|