What you need to know
MIT offers a limited number of subjects each summer as listed in the Summer Session Catalog. You can also take units-arranged subjects such as UROP, special studies, or research, by prior arrangement with a faculty member. There is no cross-registration with other schools during the summer. To obtain credit for work done elsewhere during the summer, follow instructions for transfer credit.
What you need to do
- Review key dates and deadlines on the Academic Calendar and subject offerings in the Summer Session Catalog.
- If you are a graduate student enrolled in a research degree program and taking only thesis or pre-thesis research subjects, your department will approve your selections.
- Submit your pre-registration using WebSIS.
- By the end of the first week of the summer session, complete your online registration form. Submitting your registration after this deadline may result in a $50 late fee.
Register for subjects.
- Changes to your registration should be made using the Add/Drop application by the last day of classes.
Key dates & deadlines
|Pre-registration opens||Wednesday, May 1||9 AM|
|Pre-registration deadline ($50 fee)||Thursday, May 30||5 PM|
|Registration opens||Monday, June 3||9 AM|
|Registration deadline ($50 fee)||Friday, June 14||11:59 PM|
|Add/drop deadline (last day of classes)||Friday, August 16||11:59 PM|