What you need to know
Current MIT students and alumni can order electronic or paper copies of transcripts through our provider, Parchment. Electronic transcripts contain MIT’s digital signature and can be instantly validated. Paper copies are printed on official security paper.
Once you receive your transcript, you are free to do with it as you please. You can choose to have a transcript sent directly to you or any third party. Delivery options include email, U.S. mail, express shipping (at additional cost), or in-person pickup.
Some key points to remember:
- Each transcript costs $10. You must pay for it with a credit card or student account.
- Electronic transcripts for students who attended MIT after 1994 are typically delivered within 30 minutes of your order. All others are processed within one business day.
- Orders for paper transcripts are processed and sent within two business days.
- If you would like your transcript to be sent with additional documents, Parchment will allow you to upload standard file types such as PDF or JPG.
- Orders that include additional forms for the Registrar’s Office to complete may require additional processing time.
Logging in to Parchment
You must order transcripts through Parchment, and how you log in to the service depends on who you are.
- Current students — log in with your Kerberos ID using Touchstone.
- Alumni — log in with your Infinite Connection username (i.e. myname from email@example.com).
- Those without Kerberos or Infinite Connection credentials — create a separate account on Parchment.
What you need to do
- Once you have logged in to Parchment, click on the link to start your order.
- Indicate whether or not you would like to hold your request for grades or a degree.
- Attach additional documents and/or provide special instructions, if needed.
- Select your delivery option. If you choose delivery by mail, indicate whether you would like standard or express shipping under “Mail Method.”
- Submit your order.
- You will receive status updates via email and will be notified when the transcript is available and/or downloaded.
- Review your order status by logging into Parchment and clicking on “My Account.”
- If you chose in-person pickup, go to the Registrar’s Office in Room 5-117 during our walk-in hours.
- If you are having problems ordering your transcript, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (617) 258-6409.
Downloading electronic transcripts
- You will need Adobe Reader to open your electronic transcript. The software is available for free here.
- Recipients will receive an email with instructions on how to retrieve the transcript from Parchment’s secure website.
- Click the link provided and follow the instructions to generate a secure passcode, which will be sent via email.
- Enter the passcode, click “Next,” and download your electronic transcript.