Graduates who are U.S. citizens – don't forget to update your voter registration information if you are moving to a new address.

What you need to know

You are eligible to vote in local, state, and federal elections if you are a U.S. citizen and will be at least 18 years old on or before Election Day. We are happy to partner with TurboVote, a non-partisan nonprofit organization, to make voter registration quicker and easier.

Some key points to remember:

  • With TurboVote, you can register in your home state or here in Massachusetts.
  • You can also use the platform to subscribe to text and email reminders about upcoming deadlines and elections.
  • TurboVote will send you all the required forms by U.S. mail. All you have to do is sign, apply the stamps provided, and mail the forms.
  • For most students living on campus and registered to vote in Massachusetts, your polling place will be Kresge Auditorium.

What you need to do

  • Check to see if you are already registered to vote.
  • Register or change your voter registration with our TurboVote application.
  • Massachusetts voters — find your polling place.
  • Use TurboVote to request an absentee ballot if you will be away during an election or if you are registered in another state.
  • Visit MIT’s Voter Information Page for answers to questions and additional resources.