What you need to know
You are eligible to vote in local, state, and federal elections if you are a U.S. citizen and will be at least 18 years old on or before Election Day. We are happy to partner with TurboVote, a non-partisan nonprofit organization, to make voter registration quicker and easier.
Some key points to remember:
- With TurboVote, you can register in your home state or here in Massachusetts.
- You can also use the platform to subscribe to text and email reminders about upcoming deadlines and elections.
- TurboVote will send you all the required forms by U.S. mail. All you have to do is sign, apply the stamps provided, and mail the forms.
- For most students living on campus and registered to vote in Massachusetts, your polling place will be Kresge Auditorium.
What you need to do
- Check to see if you are already registered to vote.
- Register or change your voter registration with our TurboVote application.
- Massachusetts voters — find your polling place.
- Use TurboVote to request an absentee ballot if you will be away during an election or if you are registered in another state.
- Visit MIT’s Voter Information Page for answers to questions and additional resources.