Filter forms & petitions by

Academic Programs

Change of Major Form UG Online Review steps for changing your major.
Double Major Application UG PDF Understand what a double major entails.
Energy Studies Minor Form UG PDF Learn about the minor in energy studies.
HASS Minor Form UG Office visit Learn how to minor in HASS. Pick up an application in 4-240.
Management Minor Form UG PDF Read more about the minor in management.
Minor Application UG PDF Learn about declaring a minor at MIT.
Minor Completion Form UG PDF Learn about declaring a minor and download a completion form for science, engineering, and architecture minors.

General Institute Requirements

Communication Requirement Petition UG PDF Learn about pace, planning, and petitions for the Communication Requirement.
HASS Concentration Proposal and Completion Form UG Online Learn about choosing and completing your HASS Concentration.
HASS Requirement Substitution Petition UG PDF Learn about substitutions within the HASS Requirement.
Institute Laboratory Substitution Petition UG PDF Learn about substitutions to the Institute Laboratory Requirement.
REST Subject Substitution Petition UG PDF Review the REST requirement and considerations for petitions.

Personal Information

Address Change Request UG/G WebSIS Notify us of your change of address.
Change of Legal Name Form UG/G PDF Change your legal name in your student record.
Emergency Contact/MIT Alert UG/G WebSIS Update your emergency contacts and 
sign up for MIT Alert.
Suppressing Directory Information Request UG/G PDF Request to restrict access to your personal information.

Registration & Records

Add/Drop/Change Form UG/G Online Learn about making changes to your registration.
Advanced Standing Exam Petition UG PDF Earn credit for a subject by passing an ASE.
Committee on Academic Performance (CAP) Petitions UG PDF Drop an incomplete, exceed your credit limit, and register late after a hold clearance.
Cross-registration at MassArt Form UG PDF Find out about taking classes at MassArt.
Degree Application UG/G WebSIS Review degree requirements and apply to graduate.
Late Registration Change Petition UG Online Learn about making late changes to your registration.
Leaves and Withdrawals Application (Graduate Students) G Office visit Learn how to apply for a leave of absence and how to return.
Leaves of Absence Application (Undergraduates) UG Office visit Learn how to apply for a leave of absence and how to return.
Non-resident Doctoral Thesis Research Status Request G PDF Seek approval to complete your doctoral thesis research off campus.
Office of Graduate Education (OGE) Petitions G PDF Learn how to request changes to your grading, classes, or program.
Transcript Request UG/G Online Review the transcript ordering process.
Transfer Credit Request Form UG PDF Review our transfer credit policies.
Tuition Light-load Adjustment Form UG Online Understand how light-load registration affects your tuition.