What you need to know
We can provide a replacement diploma when the original is lost or damaged. They are issued in the contemporary format and bear signatures of the current Institute officers. The word “Reissued” and the reissue date will appear under the signatures. You may order only one diploma for each degree received.
If an employer requests a copy of your diploma as proof of graduation, we recommend first asking if it will accept an official degree certification letter, available to you free of charge. If it does not, you will need to order a replacement diploma.
Some key points to remember:
- The name that appears on your replacement diploma must be identical to the original, except in the case of a gender change.
- The fee for a replacement diploma is $50 and payment must be made by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
- Processing time is approximately four weeks from receipt of your request form and payment.
What you need to do
- Complete a Request for Replacement Diploma and have it notarized.
- Pay by credit card through our diploma payment form.
- Send your completed form and receipt of payment, to MIT Registrar’s Office, Attn: Replacement Diplomas, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Room 5-117, Cambridge, MA, 02139.
- Email or call (617) 253-5235 with questions.