What you need to know
Classroom reservations that meet the following criteria must be registered — at least five days prior — on Atlas:
- More than 100 people are expected to attend or the event will be held in any combination of classrooms with a capacity of 100 or more.
- More than 20% of attendees are non-MIT community members. This includes conferences.
- The event involves a non-MIT organization as a co-sponsor or guest.
- Minors will be in attendance.
- Alcohol will be served.
- Money will be collected or exchanged.
What you need to do
- Review our timeline for making ad-hoc requests.
- Reserve your space using Classrooms@MIT.
- You will receive a confirmation by email if your request is approved. See also the “My Requests” tab of the Classrooms@MIT application.
- Review the event registration criteria.
- Register your event on Atlas, if necessary.